Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bondi Beach (Sydney), OZ






Bondi Beach will always be very special to me. As I was climbing rocks to get shots of the waves I met an old man who was walking his dog, Rocky (Jack Russel). This ever-curious creature had a lot of character and speed. Rocky's owner turned out to be one of the best Australian photographers, Rex Dupain. I am still exploring the field of photography and, of course, i didn't know his name. He showed some interest in my second-hand digital Olympus as he has never used a digital camera himself. We've talked about cameras, drank italian coffee, talked some more... about photography, Sydney weather, why people immigrate and why do they emmigrate back. To finish the wonderfull evening, he has invited me to his home to see his books and his newly renovated dwelling. It was beautiful: very elegant, modern and cozy. I was pleasantly surprised that regardless his "fame and fortune" he was "down-to earth" and genuine with me. What a great inspirational experience.

No comments: